Veterinary technicians are critical to the day-to-day function of veterinary practices, and play vital roles in preserving animal health and welfare. National Veterinary Technician Week provides an opportunity to recognize veterinary technicians’ contributions.
Urban Animal values our veterinary technicians every day of the year and thank them for all they do. During National Veterinary Technician Week, we honor their commitment to compassionate, high-quality veterinary care for all animals. Please join us in celebrating these important team members.
First celebrated in 1993, National Veterinary Technician Week takes place in the third week of October each year.
The next time you visit Urban Animal, take a moment to think about all they do to help you to have happier and healthier pets.
- They show you how to give medications and other treatments at home
- Make your cat or dog comfortable in the exam room
- Draw blood and position for x-rays while reassuring your pet- Offer treats and TLC
- Monitor Patient care during procedures or when you’re animal companion is hospitalized and getting treatment
- Make sure pet owners are educated about prevention, wellness and follow up care
- And so much more
Veterinary technicians dedicate their careers to helping animal companions because they love what they do. They should be celebrated all year round but this is their official week to be openly recognized. So tell you tech, how much they mean to you and put a smile on their face!